Thursday, December 12, 2013

They Passed the Toddler Test!!

December, is without a doubt, my busiest month of all!!!  Not just because of Christmas, but because it's the beginning of birthday season for my family!!  Add to that. . .I had my grandson, Noah, for a week!!  He's going to be 3 next month and VERY busy!!  He doesn't have a pet of his own, so he gets his fill when he comes to Grandma's!!  I have to admit, I was a little nervous about how it was all going to unfold. . .wondering how Avalon and Charlie were going to react to a toddler running around and how Noah was going to be around 2 new dogs for a week!  Without ANY exaggeration, my fluffy dog fosters were ANGELS!!  I can say, with NO apprehension, Avalon and Charlie will both be perfect pets for any family with or without children!  I just couldn't believe how good they were.  I could go on and on about how gentle and patient they were, but I'll spare you...but they were both so amazing.  No matter what Noah did. . .they rolled with it.  I'm so proud of them both!!  Did I mention that Noah's favorite thing to do was share his meals and snacks with them!  Yeah. . .I couldn't get him to stop and of course all 3 dogs immediately figured out that every time Noah ate. . .they would all eat as well!

So lets talk about the winter snow!!  Charlie is NOT a fan of the cold.  You can take the dog out of Alabama, but you can't take the Alabama out of  Charlie!!  He'll go out, do his thing, play if he must, but not for to long.  If he sees me through the door, he runs up and presses his face to glass with that "hey!! let me in!!" look.  Avalon, however, WooHoo. . . BRING ON THE SNOW!!!  She absolutely loves it!  I've got some great pictures of her burrowing her face in snow that just crack me up!

In closing, I will just say I love sharing our life with our fluffy dogs!  They have all brought me such joy.  And because of the lovely people who adopt them, from time to time I get to get a glimpse into their happy lives when they share their stories and pictures with me!
They are always together!


Who knew that dogs would enjoy cat toys!  Avalon playing with a toy mouse!!

She looks so regal :)

Awww. . .that face!

Charlie and Avalon playing in the snow

This one makes me laugh. . .she looks like a little monkey!

<3 Snow!!

Avalon?  Is that you????

Mom?  Are you opening the door so I can come in?

Pleeeeease can I come in if I keep looking cute???

What does she see down there??

Snow bunny

Picture perfect xo

Handsome boy!

Playing a friendly game of tug of war!


Noah and Charlie. . .I think Charlie wants to share Noah's snack!

How adorable is this. . .Buddies!! xo

First row seats to any food that may drop or be handed over!!


No comments:

Post a Comment