Thursday, February 20, 2014

It Just Occurred To Me

I'm living with (3) 8 year old dogs!!  You always hear people say "How old is that in dog years?". . . but after living with my 8 year old pups, I can say that it's no different than living with a 1 or 2 year old (dog that is)!  I'm not sure what I thought that it would be like. . .I guess I just wasn't thinking about the fact that we've had Maddie since she was a puppy and she hasn't slowed down to much!

So little Miss Wendy is becoming quite the little con artist!!  She has learned Maddie's trick of going outside to go potty, but doesn't really go potty. . .she just goes into the snow, turns around and then comes back to the patio door and waits to come in for a treat!!!!  She's a smart one!!  Side Note:  None of the 3 dogs wanted to go out today while it was raining!  When did dogs become so picky about the weather?? :)

I LOVE bedtime, but now that I have 2 additional bed buddies so it has become very entertaining!  No more crates, and all 3 dogs know that have have made it to the big time. . .the UPSTAIRS!!  Maddie gets to sleep with her mama (my daughter Samantha) and Gizmo and Wendy get to sleep with their mama. . .Me!  Gizmo rolls around and drags his belly across the blankets and Wendy snuggles up with Jay, that is until I get in. Then she dives under the covers and lies in between my legs and lays there until I'm done reading and then out she comes and sleeps between me and Jay.  And there she stays all night long.  I actually like having them both in bed with us!

Ok. . .I guess I have to cut this short.  My bed buddies are also my couch buddies (Gizmo on my lap, and Wendy pressed against my side) and they're both sitting at my feet, staring at me, waiting for me to finish typing and to go sit on the couch where I belong!

My 3 buddies; Gizmo, Wendy & Maddie

Coming in from her potty break

Wendy & Gizmo after the big snow storm

WooHoo!!!


Wendy & Giz all full of snow

Wendy and Giz keeping Noah company during his catnap!

Lookin' cute with her big ears and big brown eyes!

Just chillin' under the living room chair

No comments:

Post a Comment