Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I Wish I Had a Farm!!

And it's a good thing I don't because I would have 50 Fluffy Dogs by now!!! lol

So life with Cedric has been a treat to say the least. . .and please know that I don't say these things just to say them, I say them because they are the Gods honest truth!!  He is just so darn sweet.  Every time I come home, or when the girls come home from school, he comes running to the door with a smile on his face. Yes, a smile!  If you have ever seen the movie The Mask, remember when the dog, Milo, puts on the mask and he has that big, all teeth in full view, smile. . .well that's Cedric!  It just cracks me up!

Milo from The Mask. . .ok, Cedric's grin isn't quite this crazy!! lol
I've been taking him on walks everyday and he loves them. . .but he still has the freezy cat feet if we go to far. . . so we don't.

I let him sleep with us last night just to see how he'd do (and because I'm crazy about him) and you'll be happy to know that he did GREAT!  Great to me means laying still and sleeping all night and not walking around on my bed or jumping down in the middle of the night. . .NO shenanigans. . .and that's exactly what he did!  He just laid next to me all night, just as happy and content as could be!  AND NO ACCIDENTS because he is COMPLETELY house broken!!  BONUS!!!!

I've noticed a couple of things since he got here.  First, he is VERY nosey!  If an opportunity presents itself, he will investigate!  Nothing damaging, just looking for. . .whatever!  Second, if I pet Maddie or Gizmo, he's right there for his share of the lovin'.  He's like a kid, if I pay attention to one, I better be fair and pay attention to him too.  He's actually trying to get up on my lap right now because he sees that Gizmo is sleeping on my lap! :)  Third, he's not a foodie, which is a first.  He'll take a treat, but doesn't demand one. He will come running when I'm in the kitchen, but mainly because Maddie was the instigator.

Cedric is very unique in that he came to our home as if he was already someone's pet. . .as in, I haven't had to do anything to get him family ready, he already is!  He's got good manners, he's potty trained. . .just a different air about him.  He's going to make someone very happy. . .this I know!!


No comments:

Post a Comment