Friday, November 23, 2012

It's been a busy couple of days!!

A puppy is so much like a baby in that every day they do or learn something new!  It's only been a few days since I last posted but in those few days, Estevan has experienced several FIRSTS; He celebrated his first Thanksgiving, found his voice, started teething, can now fly up AND down the stairs, has become more tolerable to the kitties, met his cousin Maddie (my daughter's puggle) and met a new friend, Zoot (a yellow lab).  He's also getting better, everyday, on his leash when he goes on his walks, but snuggling is still his favorite. . .and he's so good at it!  

As for commands, he's totally mastered "sit".  I can either say it or signal it and he does it!  (I'm so impressed!)  Now I'm trying to teach him the command "potty" and/or "potty fast".  This is more for me than Estevan, as winter is coming and I don't want to stand out there and wait for him! lol  We're also working on "come", and again, he is surprisingly good at following that command as well!  Consistency is definitely key with this little guy!

Potty training is going pretty good.  Only a couple of tinkle accidents since he arrived last Sunday!  I think that's pretty darn good!

Now, as a mom and grandma, this also impressed me (I know, can you tell I'm a fan of this amazing little pup!!), when small kids have come over, he hasn't ambushed them and knocked them down and acted all crazy!  He's really been such a good boy when he meets new people.  My friends have all fallen in love with him!  HOWEVER, if you ask Maddie about their first meeting, I think she may have an all together different take on that!  Estevan was like "WooHOO!! Another dog for me to play with. . .let's play, come on lets run, can I sniff you?"  Giddy with excitement!  Maddie was like "what the heck is going on?  Who is this???"

And no lie. . .Like my children, Estevan now poses for me when I get my camera!  Not always. . .but most of the time!!  He kills me!

One last thing. . .he's still sleeping with us.  I probably shouldn't have started that, but I did.  Anyway!  He's still accident free all night and waits till the morning to go out to do his thing.  He just lays there pretty quietly in the morning until Jay or I get up.  But like this morning, when we could all sleep in, he was getting a little bit antsy and kept sliding up closer and closer  to us until finally Jay could feel his breath on his neck and when he turned to look, there was Estevan laying with his head on Jay's pillow!  To funny!!!




I like it out here! 
Enjoying some outside time

Dancing with Abby

Just watching stuff outside

Eating at the same time as Clay. . .we're making progress!

Meeting cousin Maddie

Maddie still trying to figure out who this is? 

Estevan wanting to be friends. . .Maddie wondering WTH?
Awww. . .FINALLY!  Cousins are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment