Monday, November 19, 2012

Estevan's First Night. . .

The beauty of a dog is their innate need to be with people, hence 'Man's Best Friend'.  Well that certainly held true for our puppy last night.  I let Estevan stay up stairs on Abby's bed while she read and until I was ready for bed.  When it was time, I went up and got him, carried him down stairs (not sure of the steps yet) and put him in his kennel.  And that's when the whining began.  But I was tough!  I thought, he's a baby in a new home, new surroundings. . .but he didn't stop!  He had more will power than I did! lol  So down I go.  I let him out and he licks me lots and lots of Thank Yous!!! I very reluctantly brought up into our room, because I still don't know if he's house broken or not, especially all night!  But he already knows now that I'm a softy!  He immediately got comfortable at the foot of our bed and was ready to go to sleep!  So to make a long story short..he slept with us all night, quietly and ACCIDENT FREE!  This morning he went down with Jay, went out side and did a #1 and a #2, came in and had some breakfast, tried to play with the cats (they aren't ready yet) and then we walked with Abby to school!  He is such a good puppy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment