Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Merry Christmas from Kendall

Christmas is right around the corner, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a Christmas photo shoot with Kendall!  My dogs are used to me making them get dressed up, but it's our foster dogs that make it waaaay more entertaining.  It was a two day process!  Yesterday, she was having no part of it, but today. . .I got smart and used treats to change her mind about wearing antlers, and it worked out pretty well.  (See photos below!)

So our tree is up and I have a mountain of presents under it! I'm happy to say that Kendall couldn't care less about either!  She's more interested in playing with her toys and stuffed animals to care about a tree and some presents!  Yay!!

Speaking of toys and stuffed animals. . .she LOVES them!  When I saw her with my slipper, I knew what I had to do! So I headed to Goodwill and rummaged through the stuffed animal bin looking for stuffed animals that didn't have plastic eyes or bean stuffing.  They're only .50 cents and you never have to worry about your slippers again.  (I keep all of the dogs toys in a basket on my fireplace hearth and they just go and grab whatever they want!  It works out great!!)

There are still times when I notice that Kendall is still a little skittish.  Not often, but she definitely doesn't like it when people reach for the top of her head.  She shows no aggression (EVER), but she just bends her head down like 'what the heck??'

My 3 1/2 year old grandson has been at my house for a week and Kendall has been awesome.  Actually, she's really not even interested in him.  That being said, she is very comfortable around my family!  She definitely likes to be by us, but she isn't much of a snuggler.  She wants to lay by us and be touching us, but doesn't need to be on our lap!

She is finally catching on to going potty outside!  It's been a steady and consistent work in progress!  But she is very motivated by treats!!  Seeing Maddie and Giz out side doing their business has helped a lot!

Also, I think I mentioned this before, but she still doesn't beg for food!  She can sit right next to me on the couch when I am eating something and she just lays there, completely uninterested!  It's shocking and awesome at the same time!!!

Kendall is still a little shy but SO very sweet.  You can tell she really likes feeling safe. I'm not sure why I feel like that, but there is something about her. . .you have to earn her trust and then she's just so comfortable and loving!

p.s.  I forgot to mention that she absolutely LOVES to have her belly scratched!!!



Giz consoling Kendall after our first attempt at Christmas pictures

This was the best picture from day one of our Christmas photo shoot! lol
Ahhhh. . .now this is more like it!  Day 2 went waaaay better!!

This one just cracks me up!!  Kendall and Maddie look like they are closing their eyes waiting for a special Christmas present!

It started out just being Kendall until Maddie and Giz noticed that there were treats involved!

Another good one!  

Day one's photo shoot. . .I have given up and Kendall is in the process of getting those darn antlers off of her head!

Here she is getting them off!

Huh?  This Toy Story couch isn't for me??

Kendall and Buzz Light Year

No comments:

Post a Comment