Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Meet Kendall!!

I picked up our new foster, Kendall, this past Sunday from the doggy day care and I knew right away we were bringing home another little darling.  I put her in a crate for the ride home, only because she had muddy feet, but after maybe 5 minutes she started to do this tiny little whine.  Nothing loud, just a whine of  "What's going on? Where are we going?  I'm a little nervous!"  So I pulled over and my niece let Kendall out so she could sit on her lap. . .All was good from then on!!

Of course the first couple of days are the most interesting.  I'm getting a feel for the new foster and they are getting a feel for their new surroundings and ALL of the new people and animals!!!  So the first day I have to say that Kendall was a bit more shy then some of my other fosters.  She wasn't immediate with her full on affection, it took a bit of coaxing.  She would sit by me, but not on my lap and she didn't stick around for to long, as there is always to much going on for her to sit still.

The Sunday that I picked Kendall up,  the Packers were playing late so we had a "No Manner Meal", which means we get to eat our dinner in the living room!  This sweet little dog actually sat by me on the couch, while I ate my dinner, and I swear to God. . .she DIDN'T beg even once, for any of my food! SHOCKING and SO impressive!!  What a good girl!

Bed time came, and all 3 dogs slept in their kennels, and not even a peep from Miss Kendall!  BONUS!

By day two, I think Kendall knew she was in good hands and felt a lot more comfortable.  Since then she has been very different.  Still a little timid with my husband, but very affectionate in general. She wants to be by me all of the time now!  She likes to follow me around, and then jumps up on my lap anytime I sit down. There is also no shortage of kisses. . .She likes giving them!!  She also enjoys a good belly rub and to have her ears rubbed!

Now I'm always surprised when these little Alabama born puppies LOVE the snow!  I was born here and I don't even like the snow!  Kendall loves it and she loves to eat it!  Yesterday, before it snowed, there were only little chunks of hard snow left in my yard and she couldn't get enough!  The funny thing is, while she is loving the snow, she is shivering!  So now I try to get a sweater on her before letting her out.  To bad I don't have any doggy boots!

Kendall likes playing with toys that she can chew on and she really likes the toys that squeak!  It's so cute to see her stick her head in the toy basket and fish out the toy she wants!  I wish I could find our Kong. . .I'm sure she would love chewing on that with a little something yummy inside!

So far so good in the cat department too!  She hasn't chased any of my cats!  I'm sure my kitties are even happier about that than I am!

Potty training is a work in progress.  Consistency on my part is always key and it never takes long for them to learn the ropes!  Having Kendall go out with Gizmo and Maddie helps her figure it out too!  At this point, I think Maddie and Giz are just as important to our fostering work as my family and I.  We all have our rolls in helping to make our fosters be the best they can be for their new Furever Homes!

p.s.  When I give her a treat after going outside to potty. . .her manners are impeccable!  She (sometimes) sits and then gently takes it from my fingers!  So nice :)

So Pretty!

Her funky little bend!

Pretty in pink!

Scratch my belly please!

Sleepy head. . .

Those are the most beautiful brown eyes!

Kendall playing with some of her toys!


Playing


Picture perfect!!

Kendall all snuggled up on the couch

ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Kendall sleeping in the cupcake bed. . . . Zzzzzzz





1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly,
    Just wondering if Kendall enjoys walking with the leash. Also, how is it going with Kendall and your cats. Just wondering as we have a cat and would like to adopt a dog soon. Kendall looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete