Sunday, January 5, 2014

Meet Stach & Snuggles

So after Avalon and Charlie were adopted, we were going to take a couple of days off!  I let Maddie sleep upstairs with Samantha and all of the cats finally came down stairs at one time to hang out.  Then the plan changed and we we're on our way out to the Doggy Day Care on Saturday night instead of Sunday morning.  I knew I would be picking up Stach and Snuggles, but what I didn't know was what all of these amazing women do to get these puppies ready for their foster homes!  The girls and I learned, first hand, Saturday night!  We got there at 8pm sharp to pick up our pups, and didn't leave until 11p!!

When we got there, we spotted our two dogs right away!  They were the only two bright white curly haired dogs!  They were all happy and excited, just like the other 9 dogs with them.  They all look at you like 'pick me, pick me'.  We started with Snuggles, and that's when I learned what goes into getting the dogs ready for pick up, once they arrive from Alabama!  My two, needed to be shaved (which easily took an hour for each) and then bathed. . .and not just bathed. . .cotton in their ears first, drops in their eyes to protect them from the strong flea shampoo and then a good scrubbing for 10 minutes to make sure the shampoo is effective and then towel dried!  Their individual information gets finalized, medications gathered, collars and matching leashes and because my two were so tiny. . .a couple of sweaters for the ride home.  3 hours later, we were on our way!

The boys shivered most of the way home, so I kept the heat blasting the whole way.  Like always, when we got home, we brought Maddie outside to meet our new visitors. Everyone was very friendly so inside we went. I immediately took them back outside, in our new fenced in area (thank you hunny) so Maddie could show them the ropes! They were not fans of going back outside. After that, I showed them their food dishes, and sat with them for an hour or so before putting them to bed for the night. They made a soft howl noise for a few minutes and then were quiet until morning when I came down to get them.

Today was all about bonding, learning the ropes and the Packers!  I kept their sweaters on most of the day so that I could just keep putting them outside to go potty.  I'm assuming that they know all about it, but who know what's been going on in their little lives since their owner died.  It's looking to me like they may need a bit of refresher course. . .not to mention they HATE the cold. . .especially since they are so tiny and pretty much bare naked now that all of their thick hair has been shaved off!!

All in all, they are two VERY sweet little boys. . .mild mannered and loving all of their attention. They have either been next to me, on me or behind my head (laying on the back of the couch).  They just like being by us. . .proving once again that a rescue dog makes the BEST pet EVER!!!

Snuggles BEFORE his haircut. . .
Snuggles AFTER his haircut!!

Stach BEFORE his haircut. . .
Stach AFTER his haircut!

Stach sleeping in his cupcake bed

My leg in the red, Stach in the pink and Snuggles in the orange.

That cute face looking at you is Snuggles. . .Stach sleeping next to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment