Friday, October 18, 2013

What a difference a week makes!  Though our little Harvey is still a little skittish. . .he's made huge strides!  When we are sitting down, he now comes to us to be picked up and when we reach for him. . .he doesn't even back up!  I feel like a new mom seeing my baby do something for the first time!  It's really quite exciting to see him coming out of his shell!  

Meanwhile, he and Maddie (our daughter's puggle) continue to be good buddies!  The only change now is that they have a morning ritual of crazy time, which includes about 5 minutes of chasing each other around the living room.  It's quite entertaining.  It puts a smile on my face watching Harvey become Harvey!  He also LOVES to play with toys!  I bought him an unstuffed duck with a squeaker in his head and OMG!! He LOVES this thing.  He plays with it everyday.  He flings it into the air, chases after it, flings it again.  I have video taped him doing it and if I can figure out how to post it, I will.

Potty training continues!  He's actually doing pretty good...only a couple of accidents, but we are diligently trying to get him in the routine of going to the door when he has to go.  In the meantime, I keep track of the time and take him out regularly.  I just take him into the grass, don't let him walk around too much (cause he really likes to go out and run around and play), but at "potty time", I keep the leash short, let him do his business and then immediately take him back inside and give him a treat.  Yes!  I believe in rewards!!  They work!! 

All in all, this is one amazingly sweet little guy!  I love that he's so little and easy to carry around! (He loves it too!)  Oh, and have I mentioned that he doesn't bark when someone comes to the door?  I, personally, like this attribute in a pet!

Harvey and his duck


Harvey being cute!





Is this not the cutest tiny hiney!!

Peek a boo

No comments:

Post a Comment