Monday, October 14, 2013

We're so thrilled to have a new foster!  I picked Harvey up last Wednesday and have been biding for his attention since.  He's a pretty timid little pooch when approached, but we have eagerly tried to make him feel safe every since we brought him home!  He's a funny little guy about it too!  Fact is. . .he LOVES to snuggle and to just lay on your lap, but it's a bit of an effort to get him on your lap.  He comes to you, but then he backs away, then he comes back. . .hops around like 'I really want to come up. . .I really want to come up'.  The last two days, I've just been holding my hand out, he's smells it, backs up, comes back, I reach for him, and he lets me pick him up.  We're making progress!!

I have to say that having another dog in the house has really been helpful with Harvey.  He and Maddie were immediate friends from the moment I brought him home.  He learned the potty routine right away and loves the treat they get when I bring them in.  He's really good on a leash and loves being outside. They love to play and race around and then nap together. . .It's very cute!  (FYI:  Harvey is pretty little, so I have to lift him up on to the couch)  I also keep their crates together.  That way, when we leave, and at bedtime, they're together.  It's really worked out well.

Like I tell everyone, there is nothing better than a rescue dog for a pet!!  They are so happy and grateful to be loved and love you back SO MUCH!!  
Look at Harvey's adorable smile!


At the pumpkin farm. . .I think I see a smile!

Harvey taking time to smell the mums


King of the Pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment