Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Our Sweet Beauty

So it's been 3 weeks since Beauty had her heart worm shots and she's doing GREAT!  She actually had the shots the Wednesday and Thursday before we left on our family vacation, so it worked out perfectly that she got to go back to the doggy day care for a week, because laying low was exactly what she needed to do!  I felt so guilty leaving her after that, but I knew she was in good hands!

We came home on a Sunday, and bright and early Monday morning Abby and I were off to get her!  I can't say that she was that excited to us. . .but I'm used to that greeting from our own pets when we come home after leaving them too!  Anyway, once we got in the car and headed home. . .after lots of petting and snuggling, all was well!  When Beauty got inside the house. . .WOOHOO!!!  Everyone came to greet her! One problem. . .she still had to stay somewhat calm for several more weeks after her hw treatment!  That was a challenge, to say the least!!

Now that we're letting Beauty run around a little more, the cats are like "oh, great!"  She does like to chase JJ and April.  Clay. . .now he's another story.  No one, including Beauty, chases my big boy, Clay Matthews around!  What I have noticed over the past 2 days is that Beauty and Clay and are actually starting to sniff each other and kind of walk around each other r e a l  s l o w!  It's quite entertaining!  But the real entertainment comes from watching Beauty with her girl crush, Maddie (my daughter's puggle).  She can't stop following Maddie around and is constantly trying to lick and kiss her face!  And Maddie, she just sits there and lets her! The 3 dogs are great friends for sure.  Eat together, nap together, go out to potty together. . .everything is together!

I have to write about Beauty's beautiful hair!  It's so ridiculously luxurious! It's so long and soft. . .it's mesmerizing when you pet her.  You just keep petting her, because of how good her soft hair feels in your hands.  And then when you pick her up. . .her body is soft too!  What I mean by that is, when I pick up Giz or Maddie, they're always so stiff and when you pick Beauty up, she's just. . .soft!  Then, when she's on our lap and were petting her, she is so relaxed she just goes limp!  She's so trusting in our arms!!

Here is my last thought for the night.  I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I remember some furry creatures in the film and thought, hmmmmm. . .Beauty reminds me of those little things.  When I Googled them, I found out that they were ewoks.  Sure enough, all though Beauty is much cuter. . .that's exactly what she reminds me of with all of the long hair on her face and her black nose!!!  To cute!!

Just looking cute!

Sunning herself on the sundeck at our camper!

Showing off her perfect figure and pretty hair!

Mom, why do you say I look like an Ewok?? :)

Beauty is certainly a beauty!

Beauty's girl crush. . .Maddie

What? (Look how her little butt and back legs are hanging off the couch!)
 
Hangin' out in the cupcake bed while Mom works!

This is where you'll find Giz and Beauty when I'm working!  So sweet!!

So perfectly irresistible!

Z z z z z . . .napping in Mom's office

Hey!  Hellooooo. . .can we come in yet?

Giz and Beauty shared the pillow until I finally brought in the cupcake bed!! 


1 comment:

  1. You were right in leaving Beauty in a doggie day care after she got worm shots.There's no better place for her to rest after getting shots and get the attention she needs 24/7. Beauty's downtime home paid handsomely as she came out as playful as ever! Have a good day!

    Ashley Ziegler @ SF Hound Lounge

    ReplyDelete